Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday planning finalisation along with Marianne and Elinor Dashwood.

I have been busy finalising my hotel accommodations over this past week and a half so I have not been able to record my Austen activities. I will be staying at the Swan in Alton, a traditional coaching hotel that was around in Jane's time; when I found that out it won me over, I wonder if my trip in the steps of Jane could count as part of my Everything Austen Challange? The hotel is also a short walk or bus ride to the Jane Austen house in Chawton, and a mere 1.5 hour train ride to Winchester. I will also be spending a couple of days in Bath at a small hotel that is in a converted Georgian town house. In less than 5 weeks I will be in Bath, hurrah!!!
With my vacation plans decided and booked I have been able to return to the Dashwoods and their troubles. Oh that John Willoughby, how he hurt poor Marianne it vexes me so; however, the good Col. Brandon, the better man in my opinion, will soon, in a few pages, have her hand I can't wait.
One thing that my trip will allow me to do is to read most, if not all, of the books remaining on my Everything Austen list as I will be on a 10 hour flight from Vancouver to Amsterdam before catching my 2 hr connecter to London. I am off now to see the good Col. Brandon have his love for Marianne confirmed and consecrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment