Thursday, December 31, 2009

Everything Austen Concludes

Well it is time for me to sumarise my Everything Austen completion list those which I have completed off my initial list are noted with a star [completed 5 books off of my initial list and 4 films off of my initial list] Additionally below that enclosed within stars are the "extra credit" Jane Austen things I have done towards the Everything Austen Challenge which were not on the inital list:

Books:
Sense & Sensibility *
Pride & Prejudice *
Bridget Jones' Diary
Jane Austen's guide to dating
Persuasion *
Northanger Abbey *
Austenland
Emma *

Films:
BBC Pride & Prejudice [Colin Firth & Jennifer Ehle] *
Bridget Jones' diary *
Sense & Sensibility *
Pride & Prejudice [Keira Knightley & Matthew MacFadyen]
Lost in Austen *
Mansfield Park

Extra Credit Janite activities/books/films done after the inital list was drafted and posted:

***Jane Austen HOLIDAY---Visited Jane’s England including attending services at St. Nicholas Steventon where she was christened and on whose grounds she lived, going to Bath and seeing where she lived and attending High Tea at the Pump Room, visiting her home in Chawton where she lived and St. Nicholas church Chawton where she attended services whilst she lived there, staying at the Swan hotel where she attended the annual meetings of the Alton Book Society to which she subscribed, additionally I visited Winchester and saw the house where she died and Winchester Cathedral where she is laid to rest.***

***Watched Becoming Jane ***
** Watched the new BBC production of Emma starring Romola Garai***
**Read Remarkably Jane**
**Read Mansfield Park***
**Read Jane Austen’s Sewing Box**


***Attended the Virtual Pemberly Ball***

While I know that I will not be able to finish them I have also started
--The Darcys and the Bingleys [ which I won at the Pemberly Ball]
--Jane Austen Ruined My life

Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment